Friday 24 June 2011

Excercise: The lighting angle

In this task, we examined the effects of lighting with various light angles. For the analysis of the topic, I tried to lock every outside effect out, and work in a dark studio, with flash being the only light source. I envisioned a portrait-like effect, so I tried to achieve a bit sharpness of depth, with a low aperture and large focal distance. I use a small (40x40cm) softbox for lighting.

LIGHT AROUND

I think this position gives the best 3 dimensional effect, because the flash lighting the back and - slightly - front too. The shadows gives the spatial effect.





I prefer this light position, because it illuminates the face and highlight the contours.




OVERHEAD POSITIONS
(pointing down)

(slightly in front)
This position highlight the lines of the face without 3 dimensional effect of the body.

(slightly behind)

No comments:

Post a Comment